Here are some useful links about Germany and life here. I plan to periodically update them. Feel free to send me any suggestions you might have.
- The Local Germany – one of the best sources of news out there for expats.
- Der Spiegel International – one of the most prestigious German news magazines has in depth articles in English in it’s online version.
- Study in Germany – a useful website if you’re planning to study in Germany. It is run by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- DAAD – is the official website of the German Academic Exchange Service. The highlight of this website is the course search feature which can help you find the appropriate course and university for you.
- Matador Network – is a social network for travelers. Search ‘Germany’ to find useful and funny posts by travelers in Germany.
- Tourism in Germany – get all the help here about tourism in the county. The website is run by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy.
- Leo – is a much better translator than Google Translate. The drawback is, it only one word at a time.
- Linguee – an exceptional translating service which gives you translated words, phrases and sentences in different contexts. This can help come up with much better formulated sentences.
- Samtog – a website with lots of useful information about things like visas, health insurance, tourism and, generally, stuff you need to know about Germany and the life here. The website is aimed primarily at South Asians, however, the information is valid for all foreigners in Germany.
- Samtog Shop – looking for Pakistani and Indian groceries? Check out the Samtog Shop which is an online shop with much South Asian merchandise on offer.